Saturday, June 13, 2009

Double Trouble

So now that the word is out, I figure I should make the official blog post. We're expecting Baby #2 in December! My actual due date is Christmas, believe it or not, but since we use NFP and I know dates of everything...my prediction is December 30th. In any case, the timing for us is exactly what we wanted. My company has a Holiday Shutdown from Dec. 24th - Jan. 3rd and Bill has Winter Break. This means I won't be working on my due date, like I was with Justin (miserable!), and Bill will be home to help me out. However, I'm sure as the baby grows up he/she won't appreciate having a birthday around the holidays. Maybe we'll celebrate the half birthday in July, so we can split up the presents. We're still trying to figure out a good code name for this one. Justin was "Minkus" from "Boy Meets World", a show we watched growing up. Maybe this one could be "Topanga"? Or maybe that's too girly.

I've been amazed at how much quicker I started showing this time around. Yep, I'm already working on quite the gut, even though I've only gained 2 lbs. in this 1st trimester. Guess Justin did a number on my stomach muscles. :-) I've also been a lot sicker, but that's fine. It's a "nice" reminder of the baby's presence. Justin has also noticed my growing belly and is constantly trying to lift up my shirt to touch my belly button. This doesn't go over so well in church. I am slightly concerned about how he will react to a sibling. I think he'll be incredibly jealous, but this will be good for him. I know how much he loves playing with the other kids at daycare, so I'm hoping he'll adjust well and enjoy the built-in playmate once the baby becomes interactive.

In any case, we're super excited and I know this pregnancy will go by MUCH faster now that I'm busy/distracted with my highly energetic toddler.

1 comment:

Hill Fam said...

Way to go and Congrats! I'm sure that Justin will get along with baby #2. My little guys are best friends and I'm sure that your will be the same way. I hope we can get together some time. If you ever want to meet at the Brookfield Zoo let me know. We're there almost every week since we only live 10 min. away.