For some reason, Justin has decided that the only things worth pull himself up to standing on are the ones that are the most unstable. Think laundry baskets, his car seat, a box, etc. This always ends badly. It's hard, because I want him to experiment and learn which things are sturdy. But I also hate to see him get hurt! Of course I don't let him experiment with anything too dangerous. Bill and I have been practicing our poker faces when he does crash. On the inside we're freaking out, wanting to run to him to fix his pain make sure there's no permanent damage. On the outside, we're trying to be calm, rational, and smiling. They say babies sense stress, so I don't know if we're fooling him. I just know he stops crying a lot quicker when we put on the poker face instead of the "Oh my poor baby! Are you okay?!!" face. Here's some of the latest pictures.
The Best Toys Are Free
Happy Crawler
Big-Eyed Boy in the Bjorn


2 comments:
The best toys certainly are free. Nora loves playing with the measuring cups when I'm cooking and when I'm going through the mail, she likes to play with the junk mail. Your picture of Justin in the box is adorable :) I kind of can't wait until Nora can crawl a little, too...I think she still has quite a few weeks to go, though!
Ah yes, junk mail is definitely a baby favorite! The other thing Justin discovered is bags. He loves emptying them to see what's inside, seeing if they make noise, seeing if he can climb them when they are filled with stuff, etc. I know you're not supposed to let babies play with plastic bags due to the suffocation hazard, but I do let him play with ziplocks if I'm supervising. He also has a thing for paper bags lately.
Post a Comment