I also found another great picture of him with his Grandma Osmun from last week in Bill's photo archives I think you will enjoy.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Baby Ducky, You're the One
Justin had his first bath on Monday. Luckily for us, he likes baths MUCH more than tummy time. No screaming, no thrashing, no tsunamis...just squeaks of delight. Yes, Justin is a little squeaker. He pretty much sounds just like a dog toy. He squeaks while sleeping, while pooping, and I guess now while bathing. It's pretty entertaining to be watching a movie with Bill and to hear a totally random squeak coming from the bassinet. Anyways, we were very happy to finally be able to bathe him on his 2 week anniversary of being alive. He was starting to get a little gamey. The sponge baths weren't cutting it. He also entered "snake mode" recently, starting to shed his first layer of skin. I guess babies do this during their first month because they were so used to being soaked in amniotic fluid and their skin needs to learn how to breathe. Scarily, this reminds me of Bull Durham, which Bill has made me watch more times than imaginable, with the whole "breathe through your eyelids" thing. The bath helped reduce his flakiness, so that's good. Here's a picture of Justin post-bath. I wanted to take some pictures of him in the bath, but then felt like the mean mom who would be busting out the naked baby pictures 15 years from now to entertain his future girlfriend. So, I decided to take some nice censored photos instead. Now I'm kind of regretting not capturing the first bath on film. Maybe next time I won't feel guilty. :-)

I also found another great picture of him with his Grandma Osmun from last week in Bill's photo archives I think you will enjoy.
I also found another great picture of him with his Grandma Osmun from last week in Bill's photo archives I think you will enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Gorgeous! What a cute little guy! Baths are wonderful. We have a great picture of Brendan in one of his first baths in the sink. Later we took a picture of his last sink bath (when he got too big). It was really amazing to see how much he had grown! :)
cute cute cute pictures. Especially the one after the bath.
Tina go for the butt naked shots with no guilt. You wouldn't believe all of the tub pictures we have and the girls love to see them. Of course they aren't 15 yet, but I figure when the time comes those type of pictures may come in handy. Ha! He is such a cutie, can't wait to meet him. I think my aunt looks too young to be a Grandma!!!!!
Love,
Vicki
Post a Comment