Hey guys, I'm finally getting a chance to read the family blog. That word is just so special now...I never knew before if Bill and I were considered a family with just the two of us. Sometimes we'd get Christmas cards addressed to the Osmun Family and I kept thinking they were supposed to be sent to Bill's parents. But, now with the addition of little Justin everything just seems so complete! As I write this, Bill is telling Justin he is the best thing ever, not even realizing what I'm writing, but putting into words exactly what I'm thinking. Even though Justin pretty much just leads a life of eating, sleeping, and filling diapers, we are so in love with him!!! It's just amazing that God has given us such an amazing gift out of our love for each other.
We highly recommend this to everyone! All the swollen ankles, nights of peeing more than sleeping, nausea, etc. were so worth it! And, now that we have the gift of the epidural, childbirth was much easier than I was expecting. And maybe that was luck and the next time around things won't be so easy. I'm willing to take the chance, because just looking into his little eyes my whole heart just melts and I'm so glad to be alive, so in love with my husband, and so thankful for this miracle from God.
So, now we're just trying to learn how to interpret the cries, how to block the pee fountain from leading to a change of clothes (meaning lots of screaming), and how to sleep in small blocks of time. Luckily, I'm taking 9 weeks off from work to help get adjusted. Bill starts teaching next week, so it will be much harder when he's not around. I just love watching him around Justin! He's such a great father already!
Okay, the little man needs to be fed. I'll end all this mushy talk for now. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Good to hear some words from the mom! Very happy for the Osmun FAMILY!
That does have a nice ring to it. :)
I can't wait for our little guys to meet! I never knew I could love a baby so much till we had Darius. It's an amazing thing. Enjoy it!
Your blog made me tear up, which means my pregnancy hormones are up and running again! I'm glad to hear things continue to go well, and even more glad to hear you'll get to take 9 weeks off of work :) Only 4 1/2 more weeks until Baby Smith joins the world!!!
Post a Comment